I will get straight to it today.
I made tofu over the weekend and it was bomb as fuuuuuuuuuu!
In all honesty I did what anyone in their right mind would do to a poor piece of steak.
I fried it
I sauced it
Easy ass shit.
When people talk about tofu naturally they are reminded of their worst experience of tofu. Its cold, wet, flavorless jiggly block of matter that does not give the same satiation as a hunk of flesh.
But for all those who are willing to venture on the “dark side” and want to see how tofu can taste good follow this recipe and you will be pleasantly surprised. Or dare I say a tofu lover?! I’m pretty sure of the answer.
Its up to you to try.
Spicy Tofu Recipe
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce (at the suggestion of my close friend cause the original was pretty salty)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup or sugar
- 1 lb of extra firm tofu
1. Take tofu out of package and press liquid out by wrapping it in a paper towel(s) and leaving something semi heavy on top of it for 2-3 minutes.
2. Remove tofu from paper towel(s) and cut into bite sized cubes
3. Mix soy sauce, cayenne, black pepper, crushed red pepper, and maple syrup/sugar in large container and combine with tofu.
4. Soak the tofu in the marinade for 20min.
5. Remove tofu from marinade and pan fry with 2 tbsp of olive oil until lightly browned on all sides
6. Pour remaining marinade over pan fried tofu
7. Add to rice and/or vegetables to complete dish